Public health talk: Prevent falls and enhance your mobility
March 26, 2018
Come and join us for an evening presentations regarding the latest knowledge in falls prevention, including key risk factors, exercises that are most effective in reducing
falls, and how we can help those at risk for falls to uptake recommendations. Light refreshments will be provided.
Date: May 30, 2018
Time: 4:30pm – 6:00pm
Location: VGH Paetzold Auditorium, 899 West 12 Avenue, Vancouver
Topics to be discussed:
- How can we effectively identify those at risk for falls? Are you at risk?
- Falls Prevention Exercise: Is the Otago Exercise Programme right for everyone?
- What is the relationship between cognition and falls?
- How do improve uptake and adherence to falls prevention exercise?
- Ask the Experts: Panel discussion
Register by April 30, 2018.